One of my duties in Congress is to ensure that the federal government is responsive to Minnesotans' specific needs, a service known as constituent casework. Navigating the federal government can be tricky and confusing at times. When difficulties arise, my staff and I are available to help answer questions, find information and resources, or address challenges.
My staff and I are only able to help residents of Minnesota's Fourth Congressional District. If you are unsure who your Member of Congress is, you can find out here. Additionally, I cannot request an agency circumvent its rules, force it to rule in an individual's favor, or change a final decision. My office can make inquiries about the status of constituent casework and review progress.
Residents of the 4th Congressional District of Minnesota can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to our office.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
Please note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.
There are two steps to getting my office involved in a matter on your behalf:
- Fill out the form below or call the St. Paul office.
- Print, sign, and mail the casework authorization form to the address on the form.