McCollum Recognizes Eight Fourth District Residents Set to Attend U.S. Service Academies
At a recent event for family, educators, and area service academy representatives, Congresswoman Betty McCollum recognized eight Fourth District individuals who will attend U.S. Service Academies this fall.
Congresswoman McCollum nominated each of the eight Fourth District residents to their respective U.S. Service Academies. Each received and accepted an appointment to attend.
The individuals are:
- Joseph Becker of Dellwood (Hill-Murray School) – U.S. Military Academy
- Calvin Ciganik of Roseville (Mounds View H.S.) – U.S. Air Force Academy
- Bjorn Holm of Saint Paul (The Blake School) – U.S. Air Force Academy
- Spc. Benjamin Lundquist, U.S. Army of Oakdale (Tartan H.S.) – U.S. Military Academy
- Anastasia Sawyer of Woodbury (East Ridge H.S.) – U.S. Naval Academy
- Katherine Sawyer of Woodbury (East Ridge H.S.) – U.S. Air Force Academy
- Connor Schellenbach of Woodbury (Woodbury H.S.) – U.S. Naval Academy
- Lucas Smith of Woodbury (Hill-Murray School) – U.S. Air Force Academy
“I am inspired by what these students have already achieved here in the Fourth District and I am very proud to support their ongoing commitment to serve our country,” Congresswoman McCollum said. “I am delighted that they will all be attending U.S. Service Academies this fall.”