McCollum Recognizes Eight Fourth District Individuals Set to Attend U.S. Service Academies
At a recent event for family, educators, and area service academy representatives, Congresswoman Betty McCollum recognized the Fourth District individuals who will attend U.S. Service Academies this fall.
Congresswoman McCollum nominated each of the Fourth District residents to their respective U.S. Service Academies. Each received and accepted an appointment to attend.
Eight individuals in total were recognized:
- Zachary J. Auleciems of Lake Elmo (Stillwater Area High School ‘19) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- Julia F. Brand of Falcon Heights (DeLaSalle High School ‘19) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- William M. Budzyn of Woodbury (East Ridge High School ‘19) — U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Alexander N. Fournier of Woodbury (East Ridge High School ‘19) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- Luke A. Manning of Stillwater (Stillwater Area High School ’17) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- Spc. Joshua T. Reece, Army National Guard of Maplewood (Roseville Area High School ’15; University of Minnesota ‘19) – U.S. Military Academy
- William D. Reim of North Oaks (St. Thomas Academy ‘17) – U.S. Air Force Academy
- Edmundo D. Villalva Lijo of St. Paul (Cretin-Derham Hall ‘19) – U.S. Naval Academy
Congresswoman McCollum released the following statement:
“I’m honored to recognize the Fourth District individuals who are set to attend four U.S. Service Academies this fall. I’m inspired by what they have already achieved, and am proud to support their ongoing commitment to serve our country.”
Photos are available here, attributable to the Office of Congresswoman McCollum.
# # #