McCollum Recognizes 11 Fourth District High School Students Set to Attend U.S. Service Academies
At an event for family, educators, and area service academy representatives Monday night, Congresswoman Betty McCollum recognized 11 Fourth District students who will attend U.S. Service Academies this fall.
Congresswoman McCollum nominated each of the 11 Fourth District students to their respective U.S. Service Academies. Each received and accepted an appointment to attend. The students are:
- Ethan Auleciems of Lake Elmo (Stillwater Area H.S.) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- Madison Berg of Lake Elmo (Hill-Murray School) — U.S. Military Academy
- Gavin Bradley of Woodbury (Woodbury H.S.) — U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Riley Domler of St. Paul (Cretin-Derham Hall) — U.S. Naval Academy
- Andrew French of Afton (Woodbury H.S.) — U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Brittany Mahowald of Woodbury (East Ridge H.S.) – U.S. Air Force Academy
- Noah Qiu of Woodbury (Woodbury H.S.) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- Matthew Steiner of Roseville (DeLaSalle H.S.) — U.S. Air Force Academy
- River Thompson of Shoreview (Mounds View H.S. & Marion Military Institute) – U.S. Military Academy
- Noelle Tomes of Woodbury (East Ridge H.S.) —U.S. Air Force Academy
- Erik Vick of West Lakeland (St. Thomas Academy) – U.S. Military Academy
“I am inspired by what these Fourth District students have already achieved in our community and I am proud to support their ongoing commitment to serve our country,” Congresswoman McCollum said. “I am delighted that they will all be attending U.S. Service Academies this fall.”
From left to right: Noah Qiu, Riley Domler, Gavin Bradley, Matthew Steiner, Madison Berg, Congresswoman Betty McCollum, Brittany Mahowald, Noelle Tomes, Captain Mark J. Salmen, U.S. Navy (Ret.).