American Rescue Plan
Help is here.
Because of the leadership of the Biden-Harris administration and House Democrats, the American Rescue Plan, a historic and life-saving bill, is helping to meet the needs of communities in Minnesota's Fourth District and around the nation.
Highlights of the American Rescue Plan include:
- Speeds up COVID vaccine distribution and expands testing and contact tracing;
- Extends federal unemployment benefits;
- Provides direct payments of $1,400 per person for many individuals;
- Replenishes small business relief programs like the Paycheck Protection Program;
- Cuts child poverty rate by 50% by expanding fully refundable child tax credit and making it available to 27 million children in America’s poorest families;
- Helps families put food on the table and keep a roof over their head, provides funding for affordable child care, and makes the child tax credit fully refundable;
- Supports local governments by giving them the help they need to pay for police, firefighters, first responders, frontline health care workers, and public transit operators, so they can remain on the job serving our communities. Here at home in Minnesota’s Fourth Congressional District, the plan provides significant support for our townships and our cities, including approximately:
- $172 million for the City of St. Paul;
- $6 million for the City of Woodbury;
- Provides support for our families and seniors who rely on Ramsey and Washington County for critical services – approximately:
- $107 million for Ramsey County;
- $51 million for Washington County;
- Provides approximately $300 million in aid for our school districts to help reopen schools while prioritizing safety for students, teachers, and faculty
A summary prepared by the House Budget Committee can be found here.
Read Congresswoman McCollum's statement on the American Rescue Plan.