American Rescue Plan
Help is here.
Because of the leadership of the Biden-Harris administration and House Democrats, the American Rescue Plan, a historic and life-saving bill, is helping to meet the needs of communities in Minnesota's Fourth District and around the nation.
Highlights of the American Rescue Plan include:
- Speeds up COVID vaccine distribution and expands testing and contact tracing;
- Extends federal unemployment benefits;
- Provides direct payments of $1,400 per person for many individuals;
- Replenishes small business relief programs like the Paycheck Protection Program;
- Cuts child poverty rate by 50% by expanding fully refundable child tax credit and making it available to 27 million children in America’s poorest families;
- Helps families put food on the table and keep a roof over their head, provides funding for affordable child care, and makes the child tax credit fully refundable;
- Supports local governments by giving them the help they need to pay for police, firefighters, first responders, frontline health care workers, and public transit operators, so they can remain on the job serving our communities. Here at home in Minnesota’s Fourth Congressional District, the plan provides significant support for our townships and our cities, including approximately:
- $172 million for the City of St. Paul;
- $6 million for the City of Woodbury;
- Provides support for our families and seniors who rely on Ramsey and Washington County for critical services – approximately:
- $107 million for Ramsey County;
- $51 million for Washington County;
- Provides approximately $300 million in aid for our school districts to help reopen schools while prioritizing safety for students, teachers, and faculty
A summary prepared by the House Budget Committee can be found here.
Read Congresswoman McCollum's statement on the American Rescue Plan.
Follow the #Delivering4MN conversation on Twitter for the latest updaetes on how the American Rescue Plan is benefiting families in Minnesota's Fourth District.
Child Tax Credit
House Democrats worked with President Biden to expand the Child Tax Credit through the American Rescue Plan and help families make ends meet. Child Tax Credit payments will start being sent to families on July 15! If you don’t normally file taxes, the IRS has a new online sign-up tool to help ensure all eligible families can receive their monthly payments. Find it here.
Whether you’ve fallen behind on rent or need assistance paying utility bills, there is an Emergency Rental Assistance program that can help. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has created a tool to help connect renters with Emergency Rental Assistance Programs in Minnesota. Find it here.
Some 81,000 Minnesota children are eligible for an extra $75 in monthly food assistance through an expansion of the federal P-EBT program, thanks to the American Rescue Plan. Learn more and see if your family qualifies here.
Health Care Assistance
Because of the American Rescue Plan, you could be eligible for lower, affordable monthly premiums. Minnesotans can enroll through July 16, 2021! Check out your options at mnsure.org.
Small Business Assistance
The American Rescue Plan established the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) to provide funding to help restaurants and other eligible businesses keep their doors open. Many small businesses are also eligible to receive an immediate tax credit when they offer paid leave to their employees.